Laboratory equipment specification
In the following links you will find information regarding the main functions, detailed product names, technical specifications and equipped options of our laboratory equipment:
Arbitrary Waveform Generation, Vector Signal Generation, RF upconversion
Agilent E4438C ESG Vector signal generators (4 Units)
- 250 KHz to 6 GHz output frequency range
- RF modulation BW (IQ mod): 160 MHz (extl IQ inp), 80 MHz (intl BB gen)
- Pout: +17 dBm (higher dep. on outp. freq.)
- <-134 dBc phase noise at 1 GHz and 20 kHz offset typical
- BB gen (AWG): up to 100 MSa/s sample rate, 16-bit resolution/ch, 8-64 Msa/ch playback memory (40 or 320 Mb), 1200 Msa storage memory
Options equipped: Improved phase noise, AWG with up to 64M memory and digital bus capability, 6 GB hard disk unit, Digital input & output connectivity with N5102A, Calibrated noise (AWGN) personality.
Agilent 33250A Function/Arbitrary Waveform Generator
- 80 MHz sine and square waveforms
- Ramp, triangle, pulse, noise & DC waveforms
- 12-bit, 200 MSa/s, 64 Kpoint arbitrary waveforms
- AM, FM & FSK, burst (all internal/external)
- Linear & logarithmic sweeps and burst operation modes
Agilent N5102 Baseband Studio digital signal interface module (2 Units)
- Input mode: Provide custom FPGA design digital signals to E4438C
- Output mode: Get bit-level access to Signal Studio waveforms
- Flexible data formats / Flexible clocking / Flexible device interfacE
- Bit rate – Serial: Up to 400 MHz per serial line (400 Mbps LVDS) or 150 MHz per serial line (150 Mbps (CMOS/LVTTL) 32 lines available. Bit rate – Parallel: Up to 100 MHz x word size (1.6 Gbps LVDS, CMOS and LVTTL) per parallel bus, 2 parallel buses available
CLK & RF synthesis
Holzworth HS1001A RF Synthesizer
- 8 MHz to 1 GHz output frequency range
- Ultra low phase noise performance (-131 dBc/Hz @ 10 kHz offset, 1 GHz freq.)
- Output power (-110 dBm up to +15 dBm) and frequency fine tuning (0.001 Hz, 0.1 dB, 0.1 degree resolution)
Holzworth HSM1001A RF Synthesizer
- 100 kHz to 1 GHz output frequency range
- Ultra low phase noise performance (-133 dBc/Hz @ 10 kHz offset, 1 GHz freq.)
- Output power (-80 dBm up to +13 dBm) and frequency fine tuning (0.001 Hz, 0.01 dB, 0.1 degree resolution)
Other (applies to both HS1001A and HSM1001a): DC-coupled AM/FM/PM and pulse modulation capabilities, frequency sweep, internal/external triggering and DC bias input, 10 MHz and 100 MHz IN/OUT, USB powered (HS1001A).
Applied Instruments NS-3 AWGN generator (2 Units)
- Provides extremely flat AWGN from 5 MHz to 2150 MHz
- Adjustable output power level in 0.1 dB steps over 30 dB range
RF MIMO channel emulation
Elektrobit Propsim C8 Multi-Channel Emulator
- 350 MHz to 6 GHz frequency range
- 70 MHz bandwidth
- Digital baseband, analog baseband and RF interfaces
- File-based real-time emulation
- 4 physical inputs/outputs, 8 fading channels (up to 4×2 or 2×4 MIMO)
- User-defined and pre-stored standard channel models
- Channel model, correlation and simulation application SW + Propsoft (user defined propagation environment time variant CIR generator)
Options equipped: 4 fading channels (RF and ABB), Internal Local oscillator 2toX, MIMO extension, additional 24 paths/channel.
Mercury Computer Systems Echotek Series RF 3000T Tuners
- 30 MHz to 3 GHz input frequency range
- 140 MHz IF output, 65 MHz BW
- 45 MHz low-IF output, 80 MHz BW
- 4 downconversion CH + 1 synthesizer (Phase coherent operation)
- High dynamic range, max. 20 dBm input power, 85 dB gain control
- Excellent phase noise (-115 dBc/Hz @ 10 KHz offset), fast tuning speed and exceptional spur reduction (1 Hz resolution DDS synthesizer)
Spectrum and signal analysis
Rohde & Schwarz FSQ26 Signal Analyzer
- 20 Hz to 26.5 GHz frequency range
- 404.4 MHz IF output, 125 MHz BW
- 0.3 dB total measurement uncertainty, -147 DANL (w/o preamp, max freq.), -133dBc/Hz phase noise at 10 kHz offset.
- IQ 120 MHz analysis bandwidth, 235 Msa IQ mem, 326.4 MHz sample rate
- Application FW for digital demodulation and noise Figure and Gain analysis (Noisecom NC346C noise source)
Options equipped: I/Q BW extension, I/Q memory extension, universal demodulation, analysis and documentation of digital radio systems, WLAN and WiMAX application demodulation FW, noise figure and gain application FW.
Agilent E4440A PSA Spectrum Analyzer
- 3 Hz to 26.5 GHz frequency range
- +/-0.19 dB absolute amplitude accuracy, -143 dBm DANL (w/o preamp, max freq.), -118 dBc/Hz phase noise at 10 kHz offset
- 300 MHz IF output, 95 MHz BW. Up to 300 MHz analysis bandwidth for calibrated VSA measurements
Options equipped: Switchable Mw preselector bypass, 80 MHz bandwidth digitizer.
Agilent DSO80804B Infiniium Digital Oscilloscope
- Up to 8 GHz RF real-time oscilloscope with 4 analog channels.
- 294uV noise floor at minimum vertical sensitivity of 5 mV/div.
- 20 GSa/s (4CH) and 40 GSa/s (2CH) sample rates
- 1M (4CH) and 2M (2CH) memory depth at maximum sample rates (64M at 4 GSa/s).
Options equipped: 1-2M Memory/CH Upgrade On Half Channels.
MIMO SDR and FPGA development (platforms)
Nutaq ?SDR420 FPGA-based, MIMO-Enabled, tunable RF SDR solution
- 300 MHz to 3.8 GHz RF frequency range with 2.4 Hz freq. resolution
- 2×2 MIMO RF Transceivers
- Selectable 1.5 MHz to 28 MHz BB bandwidth and RX RF filter bank
- Maximum 10 dBm output power, -103 dBm (low-band) and -90 dBm (high-band) input sensitivity, 70 dB SW programmable dynamic range.
- 12-bit A/D and D/A converters
- Virtex VI FPGA
- Model-based design + GNU Radio development environments
Items: Radio420X FPGA Mezzanine Cards (FMC), Perseus 601X advanced mezzanine card (AMC), uTCA Chassis, FMC/uTCA Test & Integration.
Lyrtech (n/k/a Nutaq) MIMO 4×4 – Advanced Development Solution
- ADCs: 4 Dual TI AD6645 A/D (14-bit, 105 MSa/s, 0.2-200 MHz analog BW)
- DACs: 4 Dual TI DAC5687 D/A (14-bit, 480 MSa/s, 0.3-240 MHz analog BW)
- FPGAs: 4 Xilinx Virtex-4 LX160 devices, 1 Xilinx Virtex-4 SX35 device
- DSP processors: 4 TSM320C6416
- 8 Gbit/s full duplex communication bus (board-to-board, FPGA-to-FPGA)
Items: Lyrtech VHS-ADC Virtex-4, LX160-AC-Gain, Lyrtech VHS-DAC Virtex-4, LX160-AC-Gain, Lyrtech SignalMaster Quad cPCI DSP/FPGA, Lyrtech DRC V-4 SX35 (2 Units), Lyrtech cPCI Chassis System 3U 400W with 2 GHz Dual Core, MBDK and BSDK kits.
National Instruments USRP N210 Networked Series
- WBX 50 MHz to 2.2 GHz transceiver daughterboard
- Up to 20 dBM TX power, 5 dB RX noise figure, 40 MHz BW
- Fully-Coherent MIMO Capability
- Dual 100 MSa/s, 14-bit ADC
- Dual 400 MSa/s, 16-bit DAC
- Xilinx Spartan 3A DSP (XC3SD3400A FPGA), 1 MB High-Speed SRAM
COTS boards: FPGA, data capture and pattern generation,
D/A+IQ modulation, RF direct synthesis D/A, RF sampling A/D
Xilinx Zynq-7000 SoC ZC706 Evaluation Kit
- Zynq-7000 AP SoC ZC706 Evaluation Board featuring the XC7Z045 FFG900 -2 AP SoC
- Zynq-7000 XC7Z045-2FFG900C AP SoC, 1 GB DDR3 memory SODIMM on the programmable logic side, 1 GB DDR3 component memory (four [256 Mb x 8] devices) on the processing system side, Two 128 Mb Quad-SPI flash memory.
- Full seat Vivado Design Suite: Design Edition (Node Locked, Device-locked to the Zynq-7000 XC7Z045 AP SoC)
- Reference Designs, Design Examples, and Demos
Xilinx Virtex-7 FPGA VC707 Evaluation Kit
- VC707 XC7VX485T-2FFG1761C Evaluation Board
- Virtex-7 XC7VX485T-2FFG1761C FPGA, 1 GB DDR3 memory SODIMM,128 MB Linear byte peripheral interface Flash memory.
- Full seat Vivado™ Design Suite: Design Edition (Device-locked to the Virtex-7 XC7VX485T FPGA)
- Reference Designs, Design Examples, and Demos
Texas Instruments TSW1400 High Speed Data Capture/Pattern Generator
- High speed LVDS bus capable of providing 16-bits of data at 1.5 GSa/s
- 1GB of memory, which provides a 16-bit sample depth of 512 MB
- Intuitive/easy-to-use GUI software package + Matlab progr. scripts
- Altera Stratix IV FPGA.
Texas Instruments TSW30H84EVM Wideband Transmit Signal Chain
- 300 MHz to 4 GHz complete RF transmit solution
- Two TRF3705 high performance complex RF modulators
- Four-channel DAC34H84, 16-bit 1.25 GSa/s DACs with maximum 625MSa/s/DAC input pattern rate
- LMK04806B clock jitter cleaner and generator source (DAC clocking)
Analog Devices AD9739A FMC EBZ
- 14-bit, 2.5 GSa/s, RF D/A Converter
- DC to 1.25 GHz in baseband mode, 1.25 GHz to 3.0 GHz in mix-mode
- Dual-port, double data rate, LVDS interface (supporting the max. conv. rate)
- A dual-port, double data rate, LVDS interface supports the maximum conversion rate of 2500 MSa/s.
- FMC connector for Xilinx based FPGA development
Texas Instruments ADC12D1800RF RF sampling ADC
- 12-Bit, Single 3.6 GSa/s (intlvd) or Dual 1.8 GSa/s ADC.
- 2700 MHz Analog input BW (AC and DC coupled cfgs.)
- 68.1 SFDR, 57.7 dB SINAD, 9.3 ENOB.
- On-board FPGA and LMX2531 High Performance Frequency Synthesizer System with Integrated VCO
- Progr. gain, offset and tAD features
- Wavevision5 SW data capture and ctrol reg. interf
AD-FCOMMS3-EBZ 2×2 highly integrated RF Transceiver (2 Units)
- Equipped with the AD9361 RF Agile Transceiver
- Software tunable across wide frequency range (70 MHz to 6.0 GHz) with a channel bandwidth of <200 kHz to 56 MHz
- Phase and frequency synchronization on both transmit and receive paths
- TDD and FDD operation
- Superior Rx sensitivity (i.e. NF=2 dB @ flo= 800 MHz)
- Highly linear broadband transmitter (i.e. TX EVM: ??40 dB, TX noise: ??157 dBm/Hz noise floor)
- Integrated Fractionnal-N PLL synthesizers (2.4 Hz maximum LO step size)
- 12-bit integrated DACs and ADCs.
The AD-FCOMMS3-EBZ 2×2 highly integrated RF Transceiver is partially financed by the Operational European Regional Development Fund Programme Catalonia 2007-2013.