PHYCOM focuses on digital and analog technologies for adaptive/intelligent communication (sub)systems and components. Click on the following topics* to get an insight of our past and ongoing research activities:
- The tabs in the upper part of this page (i.e., horizontal menu below ‘PHYCOM’) can be used to navigate through the Research, Prototyping, Technology Transfer, Lab, People, Publications and Projects areas of the department.
- Direct links to our testbeds:
RAN functional splits (FS)
- End-to-end PoC showcasing 3GPPP FS6 and FS8: SDR HW hosts a proprietary FPGA-based LTE PHY-layer (eNB & UE), interfaced with the MAC layer of LENA (LTE extensions of ns-3).
- Joint development with CTTC’s MONET department (project H2020 Flex5Gware). The PoC is also summarized in this section of GEDOMIS® testbed.
- Integrated in a larger PoC featuring other external partners (CLEEN workshop 2017).
Optimal waveform co-existence
- In-band spectral cohabitation of a broadband LTE-like FBMC waveform (FPGA-based implementation) with narrowband TETRA/TETRAPOL transmissions.
- Developed in collaboration with Airbus DS and SINTEF during the FP7 Empahtic project.
- Joint demonstration with Airbus DS and CEA Leti at CrownCom 2016:
Interference mitigation in Heterogeneous Networks
- Opportunistic femto communication in a macro/femto cell spectral coexistence scenario (threshold-based interference detection). Real-time baseband processing of macro & femto BSs & UEs.
- Entirely developed by PHYCOM members (project FP7 BeFEMTO).
- The video below was showcased in EuCNC 2014. It is recommended to go through these slides before watching the video.
* DISCLAIMER: The cliparts embedded in the four buttons above (i.e., research topics), are “free for commercial use” without requiring any “attribution” and were downloaded from the pixabay.com and publicdomainvectors.org websites (27/11/2019). The buttons were designed in MS Visio.
PHYCOM website design & maintenance: Nikolaos Bartzoudis